Saturday, October 17, 2009

sickness

We have had a rough last couple of months (or has it been years?-I'm not sure...) Sickness has gone through our family one at a time dragging it out slowly. The girls have all been sick (with the exception of me) and now it's time for the boys I guess. Matt has been sick for a full week now with a fever, cough and all the aches and pains that go with it. Andrew is sick now and so is Cameron. Is that Caleb I hear coughing??? Yes, it is- maybe he's next.
It is hard to deal with all that goes along with a sick family, but I was encouraged as I read these words this morning.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

17For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,

18while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

So temporal. I can "amen" that my outer man is decaying- thankfully my inner man is being renewed daily. God is using His Word, godly friends/family, and the Holy Spirit to renew me and so "I do not lose heart".

Our family would definitely appreciate prayer!


1 comment:

melanie said...

praying for you guys!! so much!!! asking for healing and strength for each one of you. hang in there!!