Tuesday, November 16, 2010

drinking my juice

I haven't been as consistent with my blog as usual. Seems like a lot is going on but hardly anything blog-worthy! Actually, maybe it is blog-worthy. Maybe it's even really important. I sometimes feel that if I don't have a picture to describe what is going on- I won't blog about it.
But, God is really working in my heart on a lot of things. I can't put a picture with that. And- I wouldn't want to! (you wouldn't want me to either...)
So here is the best I can do. These boys don't love carrot apple juice. Tonight I didn't want to make a vegetable with supper so I juiced instead. Even though Caleb and Drew don't like this particular juice, I made them drink it anyway! Why? Because it's good for them, of course. Their bodies need the vitamins and all the good nutrients from this juice.
Also, I know how much they love to run, play football, try to beat each other at chess, play "demolition derby" with their matchbox cars and much more. As their mother, I know that by staying healthy they will be able to enjoy the things they love to do even more!
What does this have to do with me? Well, I don't love all the hard lessons I am learning. But thankfully I have a loving, all-knowing Father that knows just what I need. He knows that by "drinking in" all of what He wants me to know about Him and about how to live life His way, I will be "healthier" and enjoy the things I love to do even more!

I have been going over my life from my very first memories. I realized I had been too absorbed in the present and was getting bogged down with that close up view of life. As I have spent a couple of weeks journaling memories and events in my life I am falling in love all over again with a God who has been faithful to me through all these ____ years. Love, faithfulness, protection, guidance and more blessings than I could ever count.
Throughout this journey there have been things I have been convicted of. Attitudes that aren't what they should be. Things that have taken first place in my heart- only setting me up for disappointment. He is a patient and forgiving God and that makes me love Him all the more. I am drinking my juice- and it is making me healthier! Actually, I think I am acquiring a taste for it :)

So, there is my thought and there is my picture.....

2 comments:

melanie said...

just know that anything is blog worthy...especially for this viewer :)

i love this picture of the boys and i love the analogy you used. hang in there. praying for you today and always.

xoxo

rachellechaseblog said...

great post.
and riley says "yuck"
haha..typical! love you