Friday, September 16, 2011

appendicitis

As we were packing up the cottage to leave Alton Bay, Drewie was starting to feel really bad.  I immediately blamed his belly ache on the donuts and icecream his grandparents had given him for breakfast!  We went right from the Bay to some friends' house and by the time we got there, Drew couldn't even get out of the van.  Matt carried him into the house but he didn't feel any better.  Knowing that his brothers and friends were play sword fighting and throwing a football didn't make any difference to him.  That's when I thought that maybe something really was wrong.  We decided to take him to the hospital.  He didn't have a fever when we left  but by the time we got half way to the hospital he had one.  The nurse at the hospital told me he looked like an "appy".  Apparently that is an appendicitis patient.   Well, she was right.  By the end of the day Andrew had his appendix out.  He was so brave!  Many people were praying and we know that God gave him courage and grace to get through the surgery. 
 recovering....

 Irene came through while we were at the hospital.  Power went out but obviously the hospital had a generator.  My sister brought me back to her house after Drew was out of surgery and I saw him and talked to him.  Matt stayed with him through the night.  My dad brought Micah and I back to the hosptial in the morning.  Micah was an angel!  (surprise surprise!)  Andrew was released Sunday night and made a very quick recovery.  :)

No comments: