Saturday, October 15, 2011

moments

"This is so rigged"  -Andrew while struggling with a math problem

"I can go on the swing cuz I'm a big girl now.  See? I have eyebrows!" -Leah at the playground

"How many kids are in our family?  Honest Mom, I can't remember!" -Brianna

"Oh Mom that is my favorite thing in the world to do!  I LOVE sautéing!"  -Alissa when she saw me cutting up peppers to put in a pan with oil in it


"If I score a goal at my game do I have to finish reading Gulliver's Travels?" - Cameron...and of course I said he did NOT have to finish reading it if he scored a goal ;) 


"Mom, you'll never guess what Micah just did!" Me: "What?"  "You're stuck with it! hahahaha!" -Caleb


"Mom, we are doing something SO educational out on the deck.  We are watching a wolf spider eat a beetle!"  -Alissa


"Your job can be so thankless, but always remember that I see and appreciate all you do.  I love you!" -Matt, when I was cleaning out the juicer
                                                                                        


Life:  crazy, boring, redundant, exciting, risky, tiring...  there are all sorts of adjectives that describe life at any stage.  Recently, overwhelming is one that describes mine.  Overwhelming  because of the amount of things I TRY to squeeze into a 24 hour period.  I have been trying though to pay attention to what goes on each day and appreciate each moment and each one who fills my day.  
As I slowed my mind down enough to listen to what goes on in our home on a daily basis, I was filled with so much joy.  The quotes above are just a tiny fraction of what I heard.  I don't want to miss a moment. Life is hard.  Life is emotional.  Life is uncertain.   But life is a gift from God and one that I want to enjoy.  And when the hard moments overwhelm me, I think about heaven.  All the years that I have on this earth are nothing compared to what I will have in heaven.  NOTHING.  
Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a song that I've heard on the radio a lot lately and I think he hits the nail on the head. 

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all 
 Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you
Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do





So, I am praying that today and everyday my life will bring a smile to God's face and be a story of His grace.





3 comments:

rachellechaseblog said...

i loved everything about this post.
everything.
i loved allll the kids quotes.
do this always.
but it did make me cry.
miss you guys!!
xoxo

Reagan said...

Ah, my friend, you are a blessing to me! We are thriving..He is good, so good!

Love,
Reagan

melanie said...

love love love love this!!!! loved all the sayings and loved all the pictures. miss you guys so much :(