Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Brianna!

It really is hard for me to believe that my daughter is 14. That is FOURTEEN!
Although, most people that we have met down here have a hard time believing that too. They think she is 18! Seriously. She has been mistaken as Leah's mom and (believe it or not) Matt's wife!

For me? She is still my baby. My first born. Matt and I remember well her birth and the feelings we had as new parents. She was and is such a gift from God. We have prayed for her since before her birth and continue to now. We love how God is answering our prayers.

It wouldn't be right for me to say as much as I could about Brianna because I am her mom and it might sound like bragging! Really though, I can't take any credit for who Brianna is. As Steven Curtis Chapman sings, " I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at (her)."

She is a very capable girl who can run a household almost as well as I can. I am completely confident in her abilities to cook, clean, take care of children, teach kids, act responsibly when she is away from home and I love her more than words can say. She makes me laugh 'til I cry and can tell a great story just like her dad. Her spiritual gifts are evangelism and discernment. She loves to be around people, is not afraid to try new things, is a risk taker, is a night owl, hates to eat breakfast, can memorize words to songs just by listening to them once or twice, can recognize voices, words of affirmation is her love language. Wow, when it's Matt's birthday I can just copy and paste this into a post about him! No wonder I love the girl so much- she's just like her dad :)

The world is so tempting and sin is so enticing. We pray daily and appreciate anyone else who prays with us that she will always love God with all her heart and with all her soul and with all her mind. We pray that she will be the girl that He wants her to be and that she will know and follow after the plans that God has for her- plans to prosper her and not harm her, to give her a future and a hope.









Alissa made Brianna's cake completely by herself! I was impressed. The only thing she needed me for was to tell her what size the pan was so she could know how to set the timer. What a great little sister Brianna has :)


Some kids that Bri babysits for came by to sing Happy Birthday to her. She thought that was so sweet!

1995:

2009:




2 comments:

taffie said...

I love what you wrote about Bri, and I totally agree, she is awesome. Brag away!

Susanna said...

Happy Birthday to Brianna! I love the 1995 photo, Erika. :) Sorry I missed your call. We'll just have to keep trying!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving - we have so much to give thanks for!