Monday, November 9, 2009

a week of praise


Our family loves music. I mean REALLY loves music. Although we only play and listen to Christian music, we are doing something different this week. All music that is played this week will be praise music.
Hebrews 13:15 says, Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

This is a way for us to focus on the greatness of God and offer our own "sacrifice of praise".
Cameron got up this morning and put the music on and it so blessed me to hear "I bring an offering of worship to my King, noone on earth deserves the praises that I sing! Jesus may You receive the honor that You're due. Oh Lord I bring an offering to You!"
Just looking around we can see that most of what He sees in this world grieves His heart. I hope that what God sees and hears coming from our home this week blesses His heart as well as gives our family hope as we remember that our God is loving, full of compassion, merciful and SO BIG!

1 comment: