Monday, May 2, 2011

growing

Micah is changing so much already. He's getting heavier and chubbier and longer. It's happening so quickly! He still sleeps a lot but I know that will change soon.

This picture of him just makes me smile! When I was a little girl, I was in a musical called "Down by the Creekbank". It's funny how much I remember of it even though I was only about 9 years old. One particular part came back to me as I looked at this picture of Micah. Some of the characters were talking about one girl's baby brother and she wanted to know what he thought about all day. The line that I remember was someone's answer: "He just lies there in his crib thinking about how much he LOVES his mommy!" -and all the kids were supposed to laugh- Anyway, I must admit that I do wonder what goes through his mind as he takes in all the sights and ALLLLLL the sounds of his new home. But, maybe he DOES just lie there in his crib and think about how much he loves his mommy :)

I'll never know just what he is thinking these days but I do know and am so secure in what God is thinking about him. Jeremiah 29:11 in the English Revised Version says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end." Oh yes. I love the Lord! He is not only on my side, but on my kids' side too! If God is for us, who can be against us?




2 comments:

melanie said...

i love this! of course he is laying there thinking how much he loves you :) that is so cute. it is fun wondering what they think about.
cant wait to meet your sweet micah. i love the promise in jeremiah 29:11.

rachellechaseblog said...

beautifully written. i totally knew what you were going to say as soon as you mentioned down by the creekbank! and i do think he lays there and thinks that. no question!
love you :)