Saturday, May 5, 2012

missing it

I have a friend that was my very first friend I made in VA.  I liked her right away.  We have a lot in common and both share a love for Jesus and a desire to raise our kids to love Him too.  Although we are practically neighbors, our paths don't cross very often, but when they do, it is really sweet.  A few weeks ago I e-mailed her and told her that we were moving and that I would like to get together before we left.  And I never heard back.  It made me so sad.  I would pass her road while driving and it would get my stomach a little because I wondered why she did't respond to my e-mail.  I wondered if she didn't didn't feel the same way I did about our friendship.  I was even afraid I might have unintentionally done something to offend her.  Well, today for some reason I went through my messages and found out that she had responded to my e-mail.  Right away, actually.  I had just missed it.  My heart was so happy.  I was so glad I found her message while we were still here and there was time to get a visit in.  What if I hadn't found it until we were 10 hours away?

During my Quiet Time this morning, I was talking to God about the plans He has for me and for our family.  He has been really working on the hearts of a bunch of us in the family and we are anxious to see what He does with us.  Because of all that I have to do today, it was hard for me to be still and have a conversation with Him.  But then I thought of the note from my friend.  The one I almost missed.  What if I missed a message from my God?  What if He had something to say to me that would make me happy, send me in the right direction, give me joy or peace....and I missed it.  (My sister wrote something about this recently here)  That thought made me stay quiet a little longer this morning, talk a little more.  God does have something to say to me.  And I don't want to miss it.

and... a little clip of Leah singing If I Ever Needed Grace- just for fun :)


2 comments:

taffie said...

Praying for you guys for the move, and all that's ahead for you. Enjoyed Leah's singing, listened to it twice!

rachellechaseblog said...

loved reading this. and needed it so much. and leah? 13 years from now, this will go viral when she is a big time singer :)