Sunday, August 12, 2012

minnechaug mountain- goat rock trail

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made.. Romans 1:20

After church this morning, Matt and I went on a hike up part of Minnechaug Mountain.  It was the shortest trail that was close to us- but it was shortest for a reason.  It was steep!  It was only my pride that kept me from asking Matt if we could stop so I could catch my breath!  
When we got to the top of that particular part of the mountain, we were both just silent.  Until Matt spoke.  He said, "This is God's creation."  It was just what I was thinking.  Our God is incredible.  The words of Romans 1:20 speak what the Holy Spirit was telling both of us.  God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature are clearly seen through nature.  Truly amazing.  It was such an awesome date for us.  Time together, time alone, enjoying God through His creation.  I can hardly wait for the leaves to turn!  We will be back.  Soon.










1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Erika you are so beautiful!!