Friday, October 1, 2010

Lead me to the Cross

This morning I was sitting in the living room on the couch sipping my coffee and complaining. To God, that is. I had finished reading my Bible and was writing down a list of things that were on my heart and were making me down in my spirit. Overwhelmed was one word that came to mind! For some reason the words to a song I haven't heard or sung in a while came to mind. "Lead me to the Cross". As I sang the chorus through in my mind, I felt like I needed to go in my Bible to Isaiah 53. I read the whole chapter as it prophesied what Jesus would go through as He paid the price for our sins on the cross. But then I read "He Himself bore the sin of many". For some reason it hit me very personally...He bore MY sin.
What is sin? As we teach kids "sin is anything we think, say, or do that does not please God". I looked back at my list of complaints. Were any on those complaints a problem or a burden to me because of my own sin? Maybe even just a "thinking sin"?
What sacrifice Jesus went through for me. I have victory because of what He did on the cross and I want to live today in that victory. SO, today I am going to be doing moment by moment self-examination. I'm a little afraid of what I am going to find!
"But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ"!



No comments: