Saturday, September 29, 2012

valuable

I was reading this morning out of Luke 12.  When I read verse seven, I stopped and asked the Lord if that was true.  Was I really, personally and individually valuable to Him?  Of course I knew the answer- I believe God's Word to be truth, but I wanted to really think about what it said.

God brought me back to a time in my life when He showed me as a young girl of about twelve or thirteen years old that He cared about me and even cared about my desires.  There was an event coming up and I really wanted a nice outfit to wear.  It wasn't as if I didn't have any decent clothes, but I wanted something special to wear- something different than my usual.  Amazingly, I got an envelope in the mail with cash and a piece of paper that had these words neatly printed on it:
"This is for you for clothes.  Psalm 37:4"  I have never gotten over that.  God cared about me even when I was a kid and even when what I desired was not a need.  Cameron is reading through the book of Luke right now and he was sharing with Matt and I how much he is enjoying it. I decided I'd jump into Luke as well and I am so glad I did.  I am excited to go through today with the awareness that I really am valuable to God.

No comments: